Wednesday, November 20, 2013

research question- julia santos

Don't wanna be an American IdiotOne nation controlled by the mediaInformation age of hysteriaIts calling out to idiot America

"American Idiot" - Green Day by Billie Joel Armstrong

Not only is this Green Day's best song, but it has a lot of meaning and I feel like it relates to our lives everyday. Like Billie Joel said, "One nation controlled by the media", our whole country is sucked into the Internet, IPhones, and our tablets and computers more than other countries. We are addicted to TV, new information, and simply having the coolest thing. I'm not saying I don't do it, everyone does it.

Also, the way he calls Americans idiots. Its true, we rely so much on technology and use screens so much everyday, by this point, we are idiots. I know what you're thinking, that you are smart. Of course, everyone is smart, but if you think about the internet usages, its stupid. Most people will stare at a screen for 90000000 hours and not learn any valuable information. Also, its stupid that instead of talking to people while we wait for something, we use our phones. Its so hard to make conversation. Just today, mr friend sat next to me on the bus. She talked to once and went on Instagram the whole time. I know I do it too, but what we do is so stupid, and I think Billie Joel is right to call us idiots.

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/greenday/americanidiot.html

No comments:

Post a Comment